Supreme Court case Janus v. AFSCME may strip rights from thousands of US workers.
If the case is news to you or you're just looking for more analysis, welcome. We're posting coverage we think is helpful as we find it, newest on top. See something you think we should include? Send it our way, at email@example.com.
We think this AFSCME explainer is a good place to start:
In solidarity, Team UCS.
- 3.5.18 Meet the Money Backing Mark Janus and His Case vs AFSCME (Unionist.com/UCS)
- 3.4.18 California unions planning next steps if Janus ruling goes against them (SF Chronicle)
- 2.27.18 Labor's Power in New York could minimize damage in Janus case (Politico)
- 2.21.18 Janus and Fair Share Fees: The organizations financing the attack on unions' ability to represent workers (Economic Policy Institute)
- 2.10.18 Janus is coming. Are you ready? (National Nurses Union)
- 2.8.18 Here's How a Supreme Court Case To Gut Public Sector Unions Could Backfire on The Right (In These Times)
- 2.8.18 Supreme Court's conservatives appear set to strike down union fees on free-speech grounds (LA Times)
- 1.11.18 If you care about Black people, you should care about Janus (AFT Voices & reprinted in Steward Update)
- 11.15.17 Judging Janus: Wisconsin's Shadow (Capital & Main)
- 10.24.17 Janus: A New Attack Presents Old Challenges for Unions (The American Prospect)
- 10.24.17 Labor's Janus-Faced Juncture (Democracy: A Journal of Ideas)
- 10.12.17 What Working People Are Saying About the Janus Supreme Court Case (AFL-CIO)
- 10.3.17 Janus v. AFSCME: the latest attack on unions, and how we can win (SEIU PA)
- 10.1.2017 Bracing for Right to Work, Public Sector Workers Up the Ante (Labor Notes)
- 9.28.17 Judgement Day for Public Unions (The Atlantic)
- 9.28.17 Solidarity's End: Neil Gorsuch is giving American conservatives the chance to virtually destroy unions (Slate)